Mount Amanzi is really invested in encouraging our clients, guests and staff members to be healthy in mind, body and spirit. Eating is a really important part of health and with obesity on the rise, cooking healthy and wholesome meals has become of critical importance.
MOUNT AMANZI’S QUICK AND HEALTHY STIRFRY
There are so many delicious and healthy recipes available online. They are not only good for you but quick and most are relatively cost-effective – Pinterest is full of wonderful recipes to ensure you and your family eat well-balanced, nutrient-rich foods. We know the temptation is to buy a quick takeaway when you have had a long day, but it should be the exception
¼ Cup Low Sodium Soy Sauce
2 TBSPs Honey
1 TBSP Cornstarch
5 Garlic Cloves, Crushed
1 Inch Ginger, Grated (Optional)
1 Tsp Salt
1 Tsp Ground Black Pepper
¾ Cup Raw Cashews
2 TBSPs Coconut Oil (Or Sesame Oil)
900g Cubed Beef Sirloin (Suggested V Substitute: Sliced Aubergine)
3 Medium Green Peppers (Or Mixed Peppers), Thickly Sliced
2 Large Baby Marrows/ Courgettes
255g Sugar Snap Peas
3 Spring Onion, Chopped
- In a bowl, whisk together all the ingredients for the sauce and set aside.
- In a large skillet or wok, toast the cashews on a low to medium heat until brown – careful not to burn them. Scoop them out and place them in a small bowl – set aside.
- Turn the plate to a higher heat and add 1 TBSP of coconut oil. Add the beef/aubergine slices – stir frequently, until browned. Remove beef from the skillet.
- Add 1 TBSP of coconut oil and cook all vegetables for five minutes – stir frequently.
- Add the beef, cashews and the sauce to the vegetables. Cook until vegetables are tender and the sauce has thickened (keep stirring throughout the process). Garnish with spring onion. The dish can be served with brown rice or
“Love yourself enough to eat healthy food.”
Mount Amanzi’s Guilt-Free Brownies
Healthy eating is all fun and games but sometimes you need to indulge a little. Instead of going wild with a slice of lemon meringue pie (1514.61
3/4 Cup Fat Free Plain Yoghurt
1/4 Cup Skim Milk
1/2 Cup Cocoa Powder
1/2 Cup Rolled Oats (Not Instant)
1 Tsp Baking Powder
1 Pinch Salt
1.Preheat oven to 200°C. Grease a square baking dish (about 20X20cm).
2. Combine all ingredients in a blender, food processor or hand blender; blend until smooth.
3. Pour mixture in prepared dish and bake for about 15 minutes.
4. Take it out of the oven and allow to cool completely before cutting into nine squares.
“Every time you eat or drink, you are either feeding a disease or fighting it.”